10. Progressive Cultural Change Organizations
10.1. Simple Living Advocacy Groups
- Center for a New American Dream
- Helps Americans consume responsibly to protect the environment, enhance quality of life, and promote social justice by working with individuals, institutions, communities, and businesses to conserve natural resources, counter the commercialization of our culture, and change the way goods are produced and consumed.
10.2. Cooperative Living Advocacy Groups
- Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC)
- Nurtures connections and cooperation among communitarians by providing publications, referrals, support services, and sharing opportunities for a wide range of intentional communities, cohousing groups, ecovillages, community networks, support organizations, and people seeking a home in community.
- Federation of Egalitarian Communities (FEC)
- A network of communal groups spread across North America that share a set of core principles including nonviolence, egalitarianism, and participatory decision-making.
- Cohousing Association of the U.S.
- Supports individuals and groups in creating cohousing communities and provides assistance to completed groups to live together in community.
10.3. Other Progressive Cultural Change Groups
- Works to help children thrive in an increasingly commercialized, screen-obsessed culture, and strives to end marketing to children. Formerly the Campaign for a Commercial-Free Childhood.
- Center for Partnership Studies (CPS)
- Conducts research and promotes the shift from domination to the partnership model — based on harmony with nature, nonviolence, and gender, racial, and economic equity.
- Graduation Pledge Alliance (GPA)
- A network of groups at colleges and universities that urge graduates to “pledge to explore and take into account the social and environmental consequences of any job I consider and try to improve these aspects of any organizations for which I work.”